Roomi is re-inventing the roommate search by prioritizing the person as
much as the place and price. Our free, mobile app simplifies the
roommate search with straightforward tools. Instantly post and find
rooms. Make meaningful connections based on shared values, common
interests, and compatible lifestyles. Roomi is there for you before,
during and after the move, helping you feel at home as part of our
dynamic, co-living community. By helping people live better together,
Roomi is changing the world, one shared home at a time.
We're passionate about what we're building and just as passionate
about the people we're building it with. We're committed to an open,
diverse culture in which everyone has a voice and ownership of big
ideas. We invest in each member of our team and constantly inspire each
other to be better. We believe in paying it forward. We believe great
people build great companies.
We want to hear from you. Reach out.
Roomi is looking for
experienced iOS engineers in SF and NYC to join our engineering team and
help innovate upon and grow the Roomi iOS app.
You must have made significant contributions to a popular (1000+ reviews) App Store app.
- 1-3 years of experience building iPhone / Android apps - Someone who
has developed beautiful, useful apps that are live in the App Store. An
engineer who's comfortable handling plenty of responsibility and can
see a project to completion with minimal help and intervention.
- Write code that will be used by millions and be recognized by the most discerning app reviewers out there: Apple.
- Work closely with Product Management, UX and UI Designers as well as
our backend developer team to implement new and better things
You should be an expert in:
- iOS application architecture and design
- Writing and shipping quality, testable code
- Building adaptive, responsive, accessible, stable user interfaces
- Working with evolving APIs
- Application performance and tuning (memory, CPU, battery life)
- Client/server architectures, syncing and caching approaches
- Concurrency, asynchronous & multithreading patterns
- Working on teams with shared codebases
- Putting a smile on our members face
You should be excited about:
- Working in a dynamic team alongside API engineers and product team
- Debugging, testing, tracing (lldb, XCTest, DTrace)
- The good parts of Agile
- CoreData, SQLite, multiple contexts and versioned stores
- Cocoapods, Layer, Firebase, Parse and more
- The changing landscape of iOS development (iOS8, Swift)
This job is no longer active.