Roomi is re-inventing the roommate search by prioritizing the person as
much as the place and price. Our free, mobile app simplifies the
roommate search with straightforward tools. Instantly post and find
rooms. Make meaningful connections based on shared values, common
interests, and compatible lifestyles. Roomi is there for you before,
during and after the move, helping you feel at home as part of our
dynamic, co-living community. By helping people live better together,
Roomi is changing the world, one shared home at a time.
We're passionate about what we're building and just as passionate
about the people we're building it with. We're committed to an open,
diverse culture in which everyone has a voice and ownership of big
ideas. We invest in each member of our team and constantly inspire each
other to be better. We believe in paying it forward. We believe great
people build great companies.
We want to hear from you. Reach out.
Roomi is looking for
experienced Android engineers to join our engineering team in SF and NYC
to help build the Roomi Android app.
You must have made significant contributions to a popular (1000+ reviews) Android app.
years of experience building Android apps - Someone who has developed
beautiful, useful apps that are live in the Google Play store. An
engineer who's comfortable handling plenty of responsibility and can see
a project to completion with minimal help and intervention.
- Write code that will be used by millions
closely with Product Management, UX and UI Designers as well as our
backend developer team to implement new and better things
You should be an expert in:
- Android application architecture and design
- Writing and shipping quality, testable code
- Building adaptive, responsive, accessible, stable user interfaces
- Working with evolving APIs
- Application performance and tuning (memory, CPU, battery life)
- Client/server architectures, syncing and caching approaches
- Concurrency, asynchronous & multithreading patterns
- Working on teams with shared codebases
- Putting a smile on our members face
You should be excited about:
- Working in a dynamic team alongside API engineers and product team
- Debugging, testing, tracing (lldb, XCTest, DTrace)
- The good parts of Agile
- CoreData, SQLite, multiple contexts and versioned stores
- Cocoapods, Layer, Firebase, Parse and more
- The changing landscape of app development
This job is no longer active.